AKA Epcot’s World Showcase
Location and Travel:
It is our favorite season, Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival! It runs annually from late-August through mid-November. Grab some friends, pull together some country inspired costumes and head to Disney for a fun-filled day!
Can you guess what countries we are?
Answer: (L – R) Scotland, Germany, Spain, Japan, Hawaii, Australia, America, Ireland, Greece, France, Norway, Canada, Mexico.
Below is a list of all of the countries you have to choose from for hosting. The countries in bold are the major countries, and the rest are pop-ups/kiosks. There are some regions and additional booths set up as well. You can find the full list and the menu for each location here.
- New Zealand
- The Alps *New for 2019
- United Kingdom
Where We Stayed:
Embassy Suites – shuttle to the park
Great pool and bar area
Free weekday happy hour and hot breakfast
Friday – drive to Epcot
Friday night – hotel happy hour and pool
Saturday morning – breakfast and shuttle to the park
Saturday day- This is your Epcot day! Make sure you get a map of the park and make a route that hits all of your countries.
Sunday morning- At this point, you are probably hurting. Get a late checkout and recovery breakfast before you head home!
Tips and Suggestions:
- Free Water
- Did you know that you can get FREE WATER at any Disney park? They don’t like to advertise this because they sell bottled water, but you can get a free cup of water at any of the refreshment stands. This is key to making it all the way around the world without dying of heat stroke or spending all of your money.
- MyDisneyExperience (App)
- Plan your trip – use this tool to help plan your trip. You can link all the guests in your party and get your fast passes here. You can also check wait times for rides, find out showtimes or make restaurant reservations. If you get a photo pass, you can also link to that to immediately see your photos taken by the Disney Cast Members.
- Fast Passes – If you purchase your ticket online beforehand, you can sign up for three fast passes 30 days in advance for any rides that you want to go on. Because there are so many stops around the world, if you want to get a few rides in, you cannot wait for hours in the lines. Get Fast Passes!
- Free Passport:
- Grab your World Showcase Pass once you are in the park. It details what each kiosk is offering for food and beverage. Add a sticker once you visit that county!
- Frozen Ever After- We rode this for the first time, the visuals and animatronics were pretty awesome. Typically has long waits as it is still a new ride, get a fast pass! Location: Norway
- Test Track- The BEST ride at Epcot! We were unable to get a Fast Pass so we decided to ride as single riders to get through the line faster! Location: Future World.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends- Slow ride, great way to get out of the hot sun and check out the aquarium exhibits. Location: Future World
- One of the best viewing areas for fireworks is in Italy. You can plan to hit this country last and grab some gelato while winding down for the day.
What We Ate:
Japan- Frothy Ramen. This dish was really interesting, cold noodles in a cold broth and a topping with a light foam. A must try! And as always, we headed inside the Japan pavilion for a sake tasting.
Italy- Ravioli Carbonara, Sicilian Cannoli and Italian Margartia. Our winner for the best offering this year. The ravioli were creamy and the bacon added a wonderful flavor. The cannoli was perfect, crunchy with a creamy filling. The Italian Margarita with Lemoncello and Tequila was one of the best drinks we had!
Hawaii- Grilled Tuna Tataki and the Maui Brewing Company Bikini Lager. The 3 slices of seared tuna were seared and served cold, they paired well with the light lager.
Brazil-Pao da Quijo. This translates to Cheese bread. You won’t regret it!
The Donut Box-Strawberry-dusted Yeast Dole Holes. Light and fluffy.
México-Tostada de Canre and the Cerveza Por Favor. Skip the tostada, it was chewy but Cerveza was tasty!
Canada-“Le Cellier” wild mushroom beef filet mignon with truffle butter sauce. Delicious!
Ireland- Guinness Baileys Shake and the Warm Chocolate Pudding. Excellent combination. The shake is thick and topped with chocolate shavings.
France- Croissant aux Escargots. Skip it. Try the La Passion Martini Slushy instead.
The Alps- Frozen Rose. This is a new kiosk for 2019. They offered a cheese dish, stew and a tart along with a wine options. The Frozen Rose was delightful and refreshing and not overly sweet.
Germany- Giant Pretzel and Bratwurst. Germany is a great place to fuel up, get a decent and shareable meal! Inside the Oktoberfest restaurant you can order a Bratwurst that comes with seasoned potato chips and sauerkraut! Outside at any of the kiosk, you can get a pretzel the size of your face!
India-Madras Red Curry. We did some research ahead of time and this dish was a fan favorite, it did not disappoint! Flavorful, chunky and surprisingly filling for the portion size.
The Chocolate Studio- We tried both options, Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart. The truffle was underwhelming but the Chocolate-Almond truffle was interesting, fun to share!
The Cheese Studio- Maple Bourbon Cheesecake. It was delicious!
Hope these tips help!
Based on 13 World Explorers:
Hotel cost – ranges a lot depending on the time of year
Epcot costs: $140 (Florida Resident Ticket)
Food and Extra Drinks at the park- varies, most Kiosk snacks are priced $4-10 per item and beverages are $3-12 per drink.
Dinner Outside the Park- $20-30, per person
You can also learn more about us here!
Check out our trip to Disney’s Epcot from 2017.