AKA Epcot’s World Showcase
Location and Travel:
Every year between August and November, Epcot has their World Showcase Event – the Food and Wine Festival – or as we call it, Epcot’s Drinking around the World. Below is a guide and some tips on how to have way more fun than anyone else at Epcot!
I’m not sure who started the tradition or how they came up with it, but whichever friend it was is a genius in my book. Although this was was a trip around the world with friends it would make a wonderful Co-ed Bachelor/Bachelorette Party or a Pre-wedding wedding event get together!
Every year for Epcot’s World Showcase, my friends and I pick a country to host. The rules are that you must dress like your country and then host (aka take the bill) in that country for everyone.
My advice on this is go all in on your outfits – people think you work there, want pictures with you, the photographers want pictures of you, people tell you that they’ve heard about you from other people at the park. It is so ridiculous and so fun.
Can you guess what countries we are?
Answer: Germany, Norway, Australia, Mexico, France, Morocco, Italy and Japan!
Below is a list of all of the countries you have to choose from for hosting. The countries in bold are the major countries, and the rest are pop-ups/kiosks. There are some regions and additional booths set up as well. You can find the full list and the menu for each location here.
Where We Stayed:
Embassy Suites – shuttle to the park
Great pool and bar area
Free happy hour and breakfast
Friday – drive to Epcot
Friday night – hotel happy hour and pool
Saturday morning – breakfast and shuttle to the park
Saturday day- This is your Epcot day! Make sure you get a map of the park and make a route that hits all of your countries.
Sunday morning- At this point, you are probably hurting. Get a late checkout and recover before you head home!
Tips and Suggestions:
- Free Water
- Did you know that you can get FREE WATER at any Disney park? They don’t like to advertise this because they sell bottled water, but you can get a free cup of water at any of the refreshment stands. This is key to making it all the way around the world without dying of heat stroke or spending all of your money.
- MyDisneyExperience (App)
- Plan your trip – use this tool to help plan your trip. You can link all the guests in your party and get your fast passes here. You can also check wait times for rides, find out showtimes or make restaurant reservations. If you get a photo pass, you can also link to that to immediately see your photos taken by the Disney Cast Members.
- Fast Passes – If you purchase your ticket online beforehand, you can sign up for fast passes to any rides that you want to go on. Because there are so many stops around the world, if you want to get a few rides in, you cannot wait for hours in the lines. Get Fast Passes!
- Mission: Space Relaunched
- Do not ride mission space after drinking around the world. I repeat, do not ride mission space after drinking. If you want to go on this ride, I would recommend going first thing in the morning. Most country locations don’t open until 11AM, so if you’re at the park earlier, check this off your list first.
- One of the best viewing areas for fireworks is in Italy. You can plan to hit this country last and grab some gelato while winding down for the day.
Food and Drinks:
Australia – Beer and wine were the only drink options. The Coopers Pale Ale was good and so was the Bush Berry Shrimp.
America – Red Stag Bourbon Lemonade Slush. Get this. Get multiple. You will not regret it. (At Fife and Drum)
Belgium – BEER FLIGHTS (At Kiosk)
Canada – Moosehead Radler – sweet but delicious (At Kiosk)
Craft Beers – This is a great place to get out of the sun for a little bit. You can get beer flights here and the Bright Horizon’s Sprite with boba was delicious – though it would be better if it was alcoholic. We went here after drinking a decent amount and I was so hungry. I looked at the menu and saw ‘zesty cheeseburger’ so that is what I ordered. Don’t make this mistake. Read the rest of the description. This is not a cheeseburger.
France – The Creme Brulee was bomb. So was the La Passion Martini Slush. (At Kiosk)
Germany – Two Words. Jumbo Pretzels. (At Kiosk)
Italy – Beer was fine. Polenta was ehh. (At Kiosk) Across from the kiosk is where you can get some gelato!
Japan – We went inside Japan to the Sake Bar. I don’t personally love Sake, but it was actually pretty good. We all tried different cold sakes and everyone liked them. You’re in Japan, what else would you try?
Mexico – We went to The Cantina (rather than the kiosk). The margaritas are actually a pretty good size. I personally liked the rocks more than the frozen. The frozen was a little sweet for my taste. We tried the most food here – I think it’s probably a good idea to get something in your system while drinking tequila. The nachos, churros, tacos, and bowls were all pretty great.
Morocco – The Sangria was ehh. It tasted like sangria from the bottle – no bubbles – no fruit, just okay. We tried the Spicy Hummus Fries here thinking that they would be french fries with hummus, maybe it was the drinking that made us think that? hah but it was actually deep fried hummus. Don’t make the same mistake. (At Kiosk)
Norway – Good beer is good beer. (At Kiosk)
Scotland – Citrus Thistle was good – but I don’t think it was worth the $10 paid for it. (At Kiosk)
United Kingdom – The Rose and Crown pub is a great place to get away from the sun for a little bit in a cool, indoor area. Right outside you will find a kiosk with Fish and Chips, watch some soccer and enjoy!
Hope these tips help!
Based on 8 World Explorers:
Hotel cost – ranges a lot depending on the time of year
Epcot costs: $99 (Florida Resident Ticket)
The cost to host in your country- Averages around $120 (one drink per person and a snack or two to share)
Food and Extra Drinks at the park- varies, most Kiosk snacks are priced $4-10 per item and beverages are $3-12 per drink.
Dinner Outside the Park- $20-30, per person
You can also learn more about us here!